Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It’s me Blogless Renata!


I know it has been a while since I blogged. So much has happened. You know that Willy Nelson Song…. “ On the Road Again” well that is what we did on the Road. To Fort Portal, Kamwenge, Gulu, Paraa downtown Kampala, Mukono….. etc etc etc. Team 1 you are a GREAT group of people! I miss each one of you! “doesn’t everybody” J)))

“Just can’t wait to get on the Road again.” I will never look at bus traveling the same again. J

My favorite on bus travel is the kids yelling out MZUNGO!!! (white people) and waving at us with big bright smiles.

People in the villages are so welcoming, so inviting, they share with you all they have. They gave to Dan, Bill, Kaitlin gifts, it just amazed me how appreciative they are with the little they have.

And to hear the kids laughing, it is beautiful music to my ear. They are so precious and amazing. The heartbreak comes and goes here. You see the poverty and you want to help but there are so many people. I am so inspired by Idah the Uganda Directo,r she goes to the villages see the people cares and loves them and then she goes back and does again and again! I don’t know how she does it. Her strength comes from God she says. She is my Hero!!

I will be back to blog some more and PICTURES!!! WOWOWO!!! But know I have to go and get ready to get TEAM 2!!! From the airport!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Renata its me mirabelle just want to tell u i miss u. Group is going well. But Plz email Me!!!!! I hope everything is going well cant wait until july 15!

silvia said...

Wow! can't wait to see you and the people from Uganda! very exited on all that you are doing. Blessings
love ya! : )

Princess said...

RENATA I MISS YOU!!!!!!! I didn't even know anything about you having a blog. You didn't tell me. :-(. I discovered it through Gene's blog. Well anyway I know now :-), so I'll be checking up on ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ren!

I miss you! Glad to see you are keeping busy and are having such a wonderful blessed time there!

Can't wait for you to get home!

Hugs & Love!

Karen

Jaimie's Life Adventures said...

Miss you lady! Have fun with team 3 (Team 2 is still the best ;))
Thanks for everything and hopfully see you at church!

Love and blessings to you!